Here it is; a new beginning!
Greetings on this beautiful day created just for us! As much as I enjoy winter, I also enjoy the warmth and sunshine! I find this to be the perfect day to finally begin this blog that I've been thinking and praying about for about a year now. I am creating this blog to share to all people, from all walks of life, about the footsteps of my Christian walk. I want to be able to share testimonies of God's work and to also ask "deep wonders" of this world. I've only been a Christian for about five years or so and I find that I grow the best by asking questions and seeking wisdom through God's holy people. I am open to all comments, opinions, testimonies, criticism, and questions. The only way we all learn is by doing these things and I would love this to be a place for Christians and Non-Christians to create new footsteps in our walks! Let's begin walking…..
That's when it changed from rescue to recovery.
I am from a small town where everyone knows everyone, news spreads like wildfire but when tragedy strikes we come together as a family. On Monday our town lost a precious young man who brightened lives of people from all over, more people than I can count on my fingers and toes. I believe this tragedy showed a lot of his friends and family that when God is ready for you, HE IS READY. This young man had just graduated the Air National Guard from San Antonio and was currently enlisted with the 211th Engineering Installation Squadron. A fellow high school graduate of mine, Curtis, is currently working on graduating from West Point and he shared this precious memorial idea on Facebook last week,
"Hey guys. In the military it's common to honor fallen brothers and sisters by painting a rock in their honor, placing their name on it, and taking it to the top of a hill or mountain. Usually the rock is rather large, at least 20 or so pounds. the idea is that you pay tribute to the individuals memory though the hardship of the climb, and leave a lasting monument to them in a not easily accessed area. As Jesse and I were talking about how much we couldn't wait to go up to the knob just two days ago, I'm going to honor his memory by taking a rock up to the knob at sunset on Saturday. If you are available, you're more than welcome to come with me so we can reminisce about all the good times we've had with Jesse. Please spread the word so that anyone that wishes to partake may join in. Thank you"And so, this is what we did. We got together the night prior and painted rocks to honor Jesse and the next day we met in the parking lot of the Knob to take our hike. When we got to the top those who did not get a chance to create their own rock were given some time to do so with the supplies that we brought up.
When everyone was finished we placed the rocks in a pile found at the top of the hiking trail. After doing so Curtis suggested that we have a moment to pray and then share some stories of Jesse to remember him. As we gathered to pray, believers and non-believers, I began to shed some tears at the thought of losing such a precious part of our town and out of heartache for his close friends and family. [Let me mention that while we were at the top of the Knob it wasn't windy that I recall.] I am not the type of person to cry in front of other people, especially if I'm not that close to them. As I began to wipe my tears away when I sensed that the prayer was coming to an end a huge gust of wind came through and immediately dried my tears. I mean LITERALLY DRIED MY TEARS. God was with us the whole time of course, but in that moment he had his arms wrapped around each and every one of us. God dried my tears. God dried the tears of others.
As a Christian I know that God is constantly working in my heart and my life; I am aware that I am not where I am today by my own means but by the grace of God. But, it is times like this that give you peace because you're reminded that God is always there even when you feel alone. In this moment it felt as though He was right in front of me with his own hands wiping my tears as a parent does when their child is crying. He was reminding me to not feel sad but joyous because Jesse is in Paradise, His Kingdom. As I began to share with a friend on our hike down from the mountain that I am jealous about where Jesse is now and he quickly disagreed with me. I knew then that he didn't understand the grace and love that God shares with us. He didn't understand that heaven is much greater than "hell on earth" as he put it. Although I knew he didn't understand where I was coming from I continued to remind him in that conversation that heaven is a much better place than this earth. Heaven is peaceful. Heaven is clean. Heaven is pure. Heaven is……
I continue onto this week thankful for each and everyday. I also continue on this week hopeful that God will use me to share His word in any way possible. Although this week begins as impossible for some, I feel encouraged, full and hopeful because I know that God is doing great things. Sometimes people look at God as something evil in tragedies like this but, God has restoration, love, and peace awaiting for those whom he chooses to take early.
This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.
[1 Corinthians 1:25]

Enjoy the Kingdom Jesse.

And thank you for giving us a glimpse of the beauty you're now a part of.
.
Thanks for sharing this! I look forward to reading more of your posts!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Meggles ~ share your heart, for Heaven is so very for real and God's Grace is sufficient. God Bless
ReplyDelete