Sunday, June 28, 2015

You Never Stop Growing

Well, hello my friends!
 It has been almost a year since I've posted a blog post, but God has lead me back here to share more with you. I am happy to say that I now have time to blog on a regular basis and I have so much of God's goodness to share with you! My hunger and thirst is outrageous and the feeling of love is beyond words. God has been so good to me and I pray that you are feeling the same in your life; through the good times and the bad times, He deserves praise! 

I want to use my foot steps to build and encourage yours. 


There are so many stories I would love to share with you but first I want to catch you all up on my life. I recently graduated East Stroudsburg University with a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education (PreK-4). I am currently on the the job prowl and I haven't been lucky quite yet. I've been with the same job and and company for the past seven years and the new store that I am at is just incredible. My coworkers, the management team, and the customers are just so positive and uplifting, I couldn't ask for better! I've been praying to God about where He wants me to be and if there's a job opportunity that I am missing. It's been quite a journey since I graduated and I have been feeling a lot of pressure that I need to FIND A JOB NOW. I have been praying about it a lot and I feel that God is calling me to stay put for the time being and greatness will be right around the corner. Through my devotions I've been learning the that I need to be endlessly patient. 

God passed in front of him and called out, "God, God, a God of mercy and grace, endlessly patient - so much love, so deeply true - loyal in love for a thousand generations, forgiving inquiry, rebellion, and sin. 
[Exodus 34:6-7]

I continuously remind myself that I am to not trust man but of God. God has a perfect plan set out for me and he has ever since he has created me. My heart is content in the job situation that I am in and I am aware that I do not want to be in this situation for the rest of my life. My heart is passionate about teaching young children and I know that I will be there soon. I have recently felt a tug on my heart that God has something spectacular planned for me for the fact that I truly have a heart for working with underprivileged children; I do not think I am set out to be in any ol' school, but a school that is ready for a passionate heart like I have to serve these children. My hope is that it's working with children who's parents are incarcerated. I'm sitting endlessly patient at the edge of my seat to see what God has in store for my career!

Not only have I graduated but I am also planning a wedding with my fiancé for May 21, 2016! One of the biggest blessings that God has provided me with is Joe. Joe is loving, caring, patient, kind, and he loves God just as much as I do! I wouldn't be where I am in my life if it wasn't for God putting Joe in my life. I would've never became a Christian and known about God's greatness if it wasn't for Joe. I wouldn't be able to love the way I do without Joe showing me who God is. Most of all, I wouldn't know about the type of joy life can have when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior!!!! I am filled with so much happiness that my heart could explode! I am loving the planning process of our life that we will soon have together. God is providing so much for us and it leaves me speechless every time. My only hope is that our wedding and our life together will be a perfect picture of what God had planned long ago. 

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 
[Ephesians 5:22-33]

As the days get closer to the wedding (but yet still so far, 328 days!) I truly believe that Joe and I are falling more and more in love with each other. I watch him grow closer to God and overcome obstacles as he does the same for me. I pray very often for God to bring us closer together and put himself at the center of our relationship. God has not failed and he never will! His promise is GOOD! Our wedding photographer is also a God-loving man and when we met with him for the first time he shared this analogy with us. 

The closer that Joe and I grow to God the closer we are going to grow together. 

What a beautiful and truthful analogy! I think the most beautiful part about it is that we will never ever stop growing and this is going to help our marriage continue to thrive! I could be naive to people when I say that our marriage is never going to get dull, but I truly believe this. With such a magnificent God how could it?! I am so excited to be a wife and Joe is very excited to be a husband. We have been together for seven years, we have been through a lot of struggles, and here we are years later and ready to tie the knot! I love him so much more than I did seven years ago, and I know that I will love and care for him even more ten years from now and beyond. We love because God first loved us!!!!



I have so much more that I would love to share with you but I will leave them for future posts! I pray that you will continue to follow my posts and read about how God is working in my life. Please know that I am also curious about how God is working in your life and I would love for you to share!



Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 
Romans 12:12

Please include me in your prayers: 
  • God's guidance in my career path
  • Planning for a marriage in less than a year
  • Finances for our wedding
  • To show love to others how God has showed love to me
  • Pray for sin instead of judging sin
  • Have the courage to speak about my trials in life
  • For my family to know and love Jesus like I do


Thank you my precious friends. Please let me know how I can also pray for YOU!
I'll post again soon!

Blessings,
Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment